BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry but these are the only pictures i had... the sun must have caused brain damage as i should have been taking pictures as each member showed up. SR was there 2 minutes after I got there. I should have taken pics of his euro dash and Nuvi setup.. it was sweet! I'm going to do the Euro dash now, it just makes so much more sense.

I also should have taken Flyyguy's test system... it was... :rofl: :D at least now he knows what 2 holes to punch out to get more bass! :thumbup:

Of course the other Fort Ree resident Dan (the other Dan, i know we all look alike and now, we even have the same names! how's that to add to the mass confusion and chaos?? :D) showed up and was awesome enough to bring drinks and food!!! BIG PROPS Dan!!!!! Everyone should give him a big ups for doing that!! Big thanks!!! Pizza is still here, want to go golfing to night? I'll bring the pizza. lol

Razzy showed up next; he never misses a meet and is always a great company at the meets. I still say MB is better then BMW!! :D and yes, you had the smallest rims... time to get something bigger! :) hell, sell the 530 and join the dark side... the 540! You know you want to. i even let you test drive mine. Yes buddy, no replacement for displacement. :thumbup: :rofl: :thumbup: :rofl:

Martin got lost getting there. i should have posted my # which i'll do for the next meet so everyone can give me a call if they got lost. i'll post pictures from all different angles and better directions. Anyways, it was starting to become a 530 meet before Martin showed up. i was the lone solder with the 540. Of course every time martin shows up, his gf is always on the phone, who is she talking to martin and how come when i was on the phone with you, i didn't hear her talk? it must have been planned!!!! CONSPIRACY!!!!

Another fellow 540 brethren showed up and MAN, did he show up!!! Levent had to have the best looking 540iT there... *wait* it was the only 540iT there.. wait, it was the only iT!!!! :rofl: :thumbup: :rofl: I should have taken more pictures because it was one sweet looking ride. Orient blue with Sand interior with nav and the whole getup-and-go gear! his seats even had a cover to protect them. This only concludes that the 3 kids he has was definitely planned because if look up "protection" in the dictionary, there's Levent with a cover to wrap up everything and protect anything; even his trunk had a liner! Damn man, you sure know how to keep a ride clean. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: if you still need the M5 rim, let me know. the one you got would make a good backup. Emma was the cutest thing as well!!! not shy at all and i think she was even taking some pictures for you; post them!!! :)

Soon another fellow Fort Ree resident showed up, Tom. I don't think he's on this board but i'll get him here. Tom and his 98 540iA sport. Finally i didn't feel like a minority with the 540 though it was pretty much an Asian Invasion meet. :rofl: :rofl: They helped clean up at the end and helped close up the tent. yes, i brought a tent since it was HOT in the sun but really nice in the shade but the flies were really chewing up a storm... at least on me! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So a few members came and left. We went to take the group picture only to have Arcade to show up right when we got back and was ready to leave. Promise i'll make better directions next time! I'm tellin' you dude, magnaflows are the way to go! the CF mirrors are definately a good addition to the car and adds just enough flavor to it. It was also nice to meet your buddy who also helped collapes the tent at the end.

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some group shots. Only 5 were left at the end before Arcade showed up... sorry you missed the groupie.

What did i tell ya!!!!!! HOTNESS!!!!

Just as clean as it is outside, so it is under the hood.

Possible new sig picture.. :)

Now for those that do now know Martin, he had HID's all over the place. I wanted to do the HID's in my fog but didn't want to do it until i got the M-tech kit in so Martin went ahead and did the install first. I gotta say, it's BEAUTIFUL! i took the picture before the lights warmed up and turned white. at this stage, it was just powering up. VERY NICE! :thumbup:

Martin also had a very interesting idea. he took a roundel and glued it over the standard BMW logo on the cover. It definately adds a nice touch to the otherwise boring engine bay of dull gray and black. nice move martin!! :thumbup:

Might plan another meet in October when the weather isn't as hot (though i'm sure global warming says other wise) and give people more time to arrange the meet. I'll post better pictures and directions. Overall it was pretty good; wrapped the day up around 4.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Awesome pics, thanks again Dan. Emma did take some pics but they are all of the front ends showing the BMW roundels. I was totally cracking up as I'm pretty sure im raising a future Bimmer fan. Is that bad? Nothing wrong with establishing high expectations is there?

Seeing the m-tech front ends get me even more excited to get mine put on.

We have to do this again, end of August?

ZM - Levent

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Great pictures, Thanks for sharing! It looks HOT there, Cooler weather is on its way :thumbup:

·
aka Turd Ferguson
1,406 Posts
Very cool...

so you east coasters dont believe in pavement huh? "hey let's just park on the grass!"

:rofl: :p :)

Awesome GTG! Love the cars man!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Thanks Dan and everyone!!! I had a great time especially this time out, driving your car and that titanium silver Beast -- the 540M. (although i didnt drive it, which turned out to be an awesome experience anyway.) Getting up to 75 mph in a matter of 5-6 seconds was an absolute blast. Special thanks to the owner :thumbup:
Anyway, cant wait until the next one. Maybe this time ill wash my car prior to arriving there.:tsk:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts