BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a black boot, used aftermarket, will consider all options.
Has anyone ever had one made, if so is there a pattern, demensions?

Thank you.
Jag

·
Underway on Nuclear Power
1,131 Posts
Are you talking about a front end canvas bra? I am not sure what a 'black boot' is.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Going by your title, if you're asking about a flat tonneau cover that covers the passenger compartment when the top is down, I haven't seen one for a Z4. I used to have a tonneau for my old MGB, where you could also zip open just the driver side for driving, but in all honesty I didn't find it that practical and don't remember ever using it! If it was threatening to rain, I'd put the top up ... :rolleyes:

An MGB with Tonneau (not mine!)

I could see one being somewhat useful for a basic roadster that had no convertible top, but otherwise ...? :dunno:

·
Underway on Nuclear Power
1,131 Posts

·
M Mad
10,479 Posts
Going by your title, if you're asking about a flat tonneau cover that covers the passenger compartment when the top is down, I haven't seen one for a Z4. I used to have a tonneau for my old MGB, where you could also zip open just the driver side for driving, but in all honesty I didn't find it that practical and don't remember ever using it! If it was threatening to rain, I'd put the top up ... :rolleyes:

An MGB with Tonneau (not mine!)

I could see one being somewhat useful for a basic roadster that had no convertible top, but otherwise ...? :dunno:
???????

On the right side of the original post header, it says he has a 1997 Z3

·
Registered
250 Posts
... it says he has a 1997 Z3
Thanks, I guess that's why I couldn't find anything for a Z4 with that description! The title threw me, as a 'tonneau' cover is actually for the seating area - I guess this is for the 'boot' of the seating area.

For the Z3, this seems to be the item, which is just a convertible top cover:
Z3 top cover post

No idea on used availability, sorry. Looks like they are about 370 dollars new from Tischer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts