BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
maybe the engine blew and was repaired.. i found a laguna seca blue M3 for 39K with like 6 or 7 K miles on it... i called the number and they told me .. it hasnt been wrecked.. but the motor blew and was fixed/replaced under warranty...

·
Registered
547 Posts
well.. im not worried to much about my motor... i drive her hard all the time.. i opted for the extra year on warranty.. so i have 4 years/50000 miles... as long as the motor blows with in that time.. its free so I dont worry about it....just hope nothing goes wrong after my warranty is over... I hear that S54 motors can be very costly if not covered under warranty..

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Lori said:
Do you know if the motors that replace the blown ones are last apt to fail?
The replacement motors are built to the current spec, so should be less likely to fail.

If I run across a cheap M3 because the motor has been replaced, I would consdier it for a track car. :)

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
DINANISR3 said:
well.. im not worried to much about my motor... i drive her hard all the time.. i opted for the extra year on warranty.. so i have 4 years/50000 miles... as long as the motor blows with in that time.. its free so I dont worry about it....just hope nothing goes wrong after my warranty is over... I hear that S54 motors can be very costly if not covered under warranty..
Warranty is always 4years/50K miles.

Maybe you opted for an extended maintenance agreement?

·
Registered
547 Posts
oh yea.. thats it... but its going to be one year coming feb. and i only have 6000 miles so far... so i hope i can get the most of it...:dunno: my car is a garage queen... it hardly ever gets driven... and 2 reasons i dont like driving it is that #1 it waste way too much gas... its too hard not to drive it like how it should be... #2 my rear tires bald already... again... :thumbdwn: does anyone know a set of tires that arent so expensive, yet provide good performance and last long?

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Be Careful . . .

There are a few states out there where you can get clean titled on a salvage car. We recently were told by a member of the Ca. Auto Repair Board a story where a guy bought an M3 that appeared to be in great shape (even had the car inspected by a BMW dealership - which later got THEIR @ss in a sling) but found out later that it was a salvage vehicle after an interior fire. To make everything "go away" BMWNA (and/or the dealership) bought the car back from the guy and donated it to CARB for sting operations.

Point being, the car was immaculately repaired and only a very competent, THOROUGH inspection was able to catch it.

I see ads for Z8s, M3s, etc. all the time with fresh water flood damage, fire, etc.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
DINANISR3 said:
oh yea.. thats it... but its going to be one year coming feb. and i only have 6000 miles so far... so i hope i can get the most of it...:dunno: my car is a garage queen... it hardly ever gets driven... and 2 reasons i dont like driving it is that #1 it waste way too much gas... its too hard not to drive it like how it should be... #2 my rear tires bald already... again... :thumbdwn: does anyone know a set of tires that arent so expensive, yet provide good performance and last long?
Excuse me???? You have a $60K car and worry about how much gas it uses????:dunno:

Take it to the track. You can drive it like it is meant to be driven.:D

Stop doing burn outs. Only reason you have worn out the rear tires. I have about 11,000 miles on mine, including a track day and still plenty of tread.

I got a set of Sumitomo HRTZ IIs to tear up at the track (2 weekends so far) and they work well, and are relatively inexpensive. About $600 for a set of 4 from Tire Rack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts