BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would post some pictures but it was dark when I got home. I will tomorrow. My first impressions are good. I got the car with 10km on it.

First the engine. I test drove a 550 some months ago. It was fast for sure, but the car felt big, was big, and candidly, I never thought i would use the engine's capability in daily driving. I have another car to drive in a spirited way.

In any event, the 535 is surprisingly quick. I do not find any of the tip-in hesitation that seems to plague some of the 2011's and I mashed the throttle reasonably aggressively once, and tried various modes. It feels very quick off the line. And from 0-40 km/h when you have to dart in or out of a lane - it's fast.

The other thing that is a nice surprise is the ride. I have a separate option, in Canada anyway, for Damper Control and it does change the ride characteristics noticeably. This seems to impact the steering and road feel accordingly. I would recommend this to potential purchasers. The car rides better on its RFT's than my 328 on its RFTs over the same roads.

I have the premium sound system that comes with the executive package in Canada and based on my test with my iPod, I think it's very good. I'm still getting used to this newer version of iDrive but believe it or not, I find my 2007 328xi Coupe's iDrive a little easier to use with its current interface. I will have to give this car a chance.

As to the interior, the Cinnamon brown is a very pleasing colour to me. The Hex Aluminum is still a question in my mind. It is not as shiny or bright as the flat aluminum. It has an almost slightly tinted dark tone to it, which in my view, makes it better. At night there is no glare but I will have to see it in the day time. In some ways its nice because its different from a lot of my previous cars which always seemed to have black. In any event, I will have see this in daylight.

HUD is interesting as the display seems like its 2 feet in front of you over the front of the hood. I like it. I haven't used it with the Navi yet.

So, one question for readers, is it true that you need a snap-in adapter to watch the videos from your iPod at rest? And how much is that little gem?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some pics - an overcast day

Taking pictures on a cloudy day makes it difficult to get a good perspective on the interior, but the overall effect of the Hex aluminum is that it is almost has a grey tinge to it. Hard to explain unless you can see it in person. I hope the pictures help. Overall, I like the Cinnamon interior. From the outside, at first glance the car looks black, but when you focus on it, you can see a blue hue in the colour.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations!

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts
Looks good. I like the spoiler. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,677 Posts
Nice! The Cinnamon looks great with CB, I have it with Black Sapphire. Happy driving!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats man! it's beautiful! Def love the Cinnamon!

About the snap in adapter, it's 175 from this website. I ran across it when I was looking to replace my headlight switch (it's 50$ more than ECS tuning).
Anyway, your ipod shouldn't need it, this is only for the iphone 4 anyway.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Congrats, your gonna love the car.....hopefully the snow holds off longer in Toronto and you can enjoy it for real....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.