BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a call from the dealer on Saturday... they called to tell me that my new car was in and would be ready for pick-up Sunday morning. I ordered it mid-March IIRC, so it came a week or two earlier than I expected. Such a pleasant surprise!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

phillipek here on bimmerfest was my 'sales advisor' at Irvine BMW. He did an awesome job... very friendly to deal with and no pressure whatsoever. The price was quickly settled over the phone and everything went without a hitch. Good comms, fast service, product as described, highly recommended! A++++ ;)

My new car: 05 M3 Silver-grey/Grey, xenons, HK, Navi, and 19" poseur wheels. No sunroof. No PP. No SMG. No power seats. No ZCP.

So far I am loving it. I still have my 330 for a couple more weeks, so I have been comparing the two back-to-back. The cars are different in so many ways, but it will be even more telling when I get my stock sways and shifter back on the 330. Right now I'm running UUC sways and the awesome B&M short-shift kit.

My initial impressions:
  • M3's cornering ablity is in a different league, even comparing to my 330 with sways. It corners SO much flatter.
  • Twitch-steer is missing entirely from the M3. I won't miss that a bit! It nearly ruins the 330.
  • Rev-matching in the 330 was much easier, especially at lower revs (more later)
  • Turn-in is better in the M3, but the feedback is better in the 330 (curious to see how the M3 communicates when pushed harder)
  • The exhaust sound the M3 lets into the cabin is great. I always thought my 330 was too quiet.
  • The B&M SSK in my 330 blows away the stock M3 shifter. SSK is the first thing on my list for the M3.
  • The newer Nav is MUCH faster than my old unit. No comparison.

This break-in period is killing me... can't wait to open it up a bit. :angel:

That about sums it up for now. Thanks again Philippe! :thumbup:

--SONET

Attachments

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Dude! Shoulda let me know, I'm like a few miles away from Irvine BMW right now!

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Wow -- I'm so insanely jealous. Color, options, everything is just about perfect.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SergioK said:
Okay, so when's she gonna be seeing some track action? :D
:eek:

I was actually thinking about that today. It was shameful not bringing my 330 to the track... this would be even more of a crime. :(

Hopefully I'll be able to go after I have a few thousand miles under my belt with this thing. In the meantime I need to make more of an effort to tag along when you guys to go the track and learn what I can by watching.

--SONET

·
Registered
737 Posts
Great googly moogly!! :yikes: Awesome ride, Sonet! :thumbup: I'll bet you never offer to teach me to drive stick in this car. LOL. :D

What are you going to do with your old 330?

Love the color combo, too. There's an '04 just like yours that I see every day next door to my storage unit. Makes me smile every time I see it, for reasons of my own. :angel: In fact, whoever owned the condo in Mammoth 3 doors down from us this past weekend, also had a silver grey M3 just like it. I never thought it was a popular color until recently.

Congratulations on the new ride! :thumbup: I'll be sure to honk at ya if I see ya.

·
:-)
2,262 Posts
NICE!!! Congrats!! I never knew phillipek (sp?) was a sales guy at irvine. at first, i was like why would you buy from irvine...

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,078 Posts
SONET said:
I got a call from the dealer on Saturday... they called to tell me that my new car was in and would be ready for pick-up Sunday morning. I ordered it mid-March IIRC, so it came a week or two earlier than I expected. Such a pleasant surprise!
:yikes:
:jawdrop:

phillipek here on bimmerfest was my 'sales advisor' at Irvine BMW. He did an awesome job... very friendly to deal with and no pressure whatsoever. The price was quickly settled over the phone and everything went without a hitch. Good comms, fast service, product as described, highly recommended! A++++ ;)
:thumbup:

• The B&M SSK in my 330 blows away the stock M3 shifter. SSK is the first thing on my list for the M3.
Transfer it over to the M3... ;)

This break-in period is killing me... can't wait to open it up a bit. :angel:

That about sums it up for now. Thanks again Philippe! :thumbup:
Oh yeah... you SUCK.... :p :neener:
j/k

congrats! :clap: :beerchug: :drive:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
congratulations Sonet!

Interestingly, I used to follow your site with the 2002 330ci because I got my 2002 330ci at the same time and I found it very very helpful....And of course, only weeks apart, we both have the M3!

This time, your's was a nice surprise!

good looking car.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.