BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top 10 Stolen Cars of 2005

Leading the way is the 2001 BMW M-Series Roadster, which was stolen at a rate of one for every 200 on the road, according to the CCC Information Services Inc., in Chicago, an industry group that tracks theft and vehicle damage.

Got this from abcnews http://abcnews.go.com/US/popup?id=2265175

What the hell??? I guess BMW's security ignition, the one they advertise that changes key codes a gazillion times a second or whatever they call it don't work that well...

It s**cks that they are stealing the Z...

·
A Clean Windshield
2,245 Posts
Should have bought a coupe.:rofl:

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
their rating system is screwed up. 6 of the top 10 is the integra or various model years. :tsk:

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
Ok. The article clearly states that 1 out of ever 200 cars has been stolen.

Thats 3 cars people. This is a total bull**** article. If one (1) coupe got stolen, it would be #1 on the list.

·
Registered
458 Posts
jbrannon7 said:
The Acuras are stolen for thier engines and suspension which end up on Civics.
My 98' Type-R was stolen in broad daylight right across the street from the State Police Station. Integras and Hondas are really easy to steal. :( I learned that the hard way.

It was a lot of fun explaining what a Type-R was to my insurance agent. Luckily I had kept the Type-R brochure and was able to supply them with some information that they didn't have.

I'm sure there's a Civic out there in California or Puerto Rico or someplace that's got a really nice motor in it.

conor

·
Registered
315 Posts
This is a stupid scale. 3 roadsters out of 600 or so get stolen so it's #1 base on percentage.

100,000 acura integras or more are on the road meaning 500+ were stolen last year.

This is just stupid.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well the only real thing to worry about would be higher insurace rates. In Virginia my 2000 M Roadster cost the same as my 99 Honda Accord to insure. So I am not worried about that particular statistic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts