BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evans leaves tg

Thought I posted this the other day, but apparently it didn't take. Looks like the new Top Gear hasn't been doing so well in the ratings. Personally, I have yet to watch a full episode, but the clips I've seen seem to struggle in the entertainment department. It just doesn't seem like the chemistry is there yet and maybe it never will be. Either way, front man for the show, Chris Evans, may have been feeling the same way. Evans tweeted the following statement that he will be leaving the show, "Stepping down from Top Gear. Gave it my best shot but sometimes that's not enough. The team are beyond brilliant, I wish them all the best."

I guess now I'll have to watch the season to see how it really went. Hopefully it picks up some momentum and starts to grab more viewers.

Pic/Source TopGear.com

Attachments

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
The show is bad. They need to either re boot or just cancel it. In many ways the show really was JC, JM, RH and the way they worked together. The cars were an added bonus.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The show is bad. They need to either re boot or just cancel it. In many ways the show really was JC, JM, RH and the way they worked together. The cars were an added bonus.
Top Gear with JC, JM, and RM was like watching a Stones concert from the 70's.
The current Top Gear is like watching an 8th grade garage band...... out of tune, off key, timing off.......in other words, it hurts to watch.

·
BMW CCA Member
3,419 Posts
Chris Evans was like a fish out of water on that show. I struggled to watch a full episode as well, but his voice was bloody damn annoying. His forced enthusiasm, his scripted acting (I know it is scripted, but he showed it too well), and very robotic emotions were unbearable. Matt LeBlanc is great and all, but I feel like falling asleep.

I think the should should just cancel itself. It's not good anymore. I'll wait for the next season, but if it is still boring, I will pass. I dreamed one day to be in the show's audience one day, but meh.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I always watched top gear despite Clarkson being on it. May and Hammond were great but in the later years Clarkson just got in my nerves.

The real issues was that they tried to just plug other people into the same slots.

LeBlanc and Jordan were really entertaining to watch though. Same with Sabine Schmitz. The fact that she made the fighter pilot and Evans toss their cookies while being passengers was great, and I think having a real driver other than the stig would be great.

Her,EJ and LaBlanc would make a really good trio imo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts