Votes: 16 37.2%
  • James 'Captain Slow' May

Votes: 5 11.6%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top Gear is well known for being a fantastic program mixing a blend of fast cars, practical runabouts and otherwise funny and possibly dangerous ventures in the name of internal combustion, but who really is the best of the three presenters?

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
Hamster all the way. Clarkson gets too much enjoyment out of being mean.

·
Poor College Student
109 Posts
Hamster all the way. Clarkson gets too much enjoyment out of being mean.
Agreed, Hammond all the way. Clarkson is a bigger star on the show but I prefer watching the Hamster as he appeals to a wider audience, IMO. James May is also someone I wish would do more segments than Clarkson. Don't get me wrong, I think Clarkson does a good job but I rather see the other guys than Clarkson 24/7.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I think the three all work well together, especially when Hammond and May try to prove Clarkson's wrong. I really couldn't imagine the show being as good if any one of them were missing.

·
Poor College Student
109 Posts
On the same topic of Top Gear. The recent Top Gear Polar Special was a fun episode to watch.

Clarkson and May attempts to reach the North Pole with a polar-modded Toyota Hilux (Tacoma) with their usual antics.

Should still be on youtube.

·
In vino veritas
3,374 Posts
The show wouldn't function in the same way if any one of them were to leave, so it's hardly fair to vote one way or another.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Definitely the Hamster! He's my favorite, and I'm so glad he made it through the jet car crash last year. Jeremy's total bias against America, Americans and anything that might happen to be produced in America really puts me off. I know we're far from perfect, but Jeremy's anti-American attitude is carried to an extreme. (Although I admit, once in a while, he makes a good point! ;))

It's the combination of the three of them that make the show special. Has anyone seen 'Fifth Gear'? It's another English car show, and seems to be a poor Top Gear wannabe.

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
Definitely the Hamster! He's my favorite, and I'm so glad he made it through the jet car crash last year. Jeremy's total bias against America, Americans and anything that might happen to be produced in America really puts me off. I know we're far from perfect, but Jeremy's anti-American attitude is carried to an extreme. (Although I admit, once in a while, he makes a good point! ;))

It's the combination of the three of them that make the show special. Has anyone seen 'Fifth Gear'? It's another English car show, and seems to be a poor Top Gear wannabe.
if america made cars that are actually worth driving perhap he would not seem so biased against america. :rolleyes: he did keep his ford GT as long as he could citing reliability issues.

http://theautoprophet.blogspot.com/2005/07/ford-gt-refund.html

·
Long Distance Runner
829 Posts
That show is the best. Car and Driver televison here is like consumer reports.........boring! Too bad they don't have Top Gear on DVD, I would buy every season. I think it has something to do with the BBC being public. They make the show so interesting and fun, non-car enthusiast would enjoy it. Check out site to watch complete shows for free and instantly (Top Gear) and every other popular show here in the US.

www.tv-links.co.uk/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think that May has a great sense of humour by being so matter-of-fact!

they all work really well together - would be a very sad day if they ever had to replace one of them!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts