BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello:
This is my first post in the forums. So far I've been able to find all kind of answers by reading other posts.

I have a 330ci convertible 2001, now with 106.000miles. I have this problem with the top that it won't go either down of up. (Now is in closed position, but won't go down)

A bit of earlier problems: It started with, when open closing all the way until almost closed. Then, after a couple minutes it will close. Until 1 day it would close almost until the end but then it won't move any farther, so I had to look for the special key to close it manually.

Now the indicator show a RED SOLID LIGHT when I intent to open the top. I open it manually just until there is a gap and then I try to close it with the button, but nothing. It shows a FLASHING RED LIGHT. So I close it manually again.

I made sure that there are not broken cables in the trunk (there were 2 that belonged to the rear lights, now fixed)
I also when under the back seat to play with the motor (Unlock it, and locke it again).
I also disconnect the battery and when I connected it again and try to open the top, the motor moved to a lock position.

Now I start thinking that It might be one of the sensors, but not sure which one. I not sure If I should by the sensors, and then if that was not the case, expend $ for nothing.

I know it has nothing to do with the Cargo in the trunk.

QUESTION:
1) if anybody think this could be the sensors, DO YOU KNOW WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED?
2) WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE?

Thanks so much. I hope I explain my self good enough :angel:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.