BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it as simple as adding distilled water to the battery? Is that it? I've never checked the battery in our cars, but being it's well over 100-degrees it might be a good idea.

Precautions?

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
Is it as simple as adding distilled water to the battery? Is that it? I've never checked the battery in our cars, but being it's well over 100-degrees it might be a good idea.

Precautions?
are you running the oem battery?

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
Hey B, Not sure, I wouldn't know what the OEM looked like. I'm the 2nd owner of the car, he/she could've replaced it for all I know.
It's a white one, nearly all other replacement batteries are red or black. if it's the stock one, it's maintenance free and you can't add water to it. Some aftermarket ones are maintenance free as well, my Super Start is. Duralast from Autozones are great, and they have an access panel for adding water. it's as simple as adding distilled water, be very careful though. You definitely don't want to overfill. My best recommendation is to remove the battery to fill it up in our cars since you can't see down there very well.

EDIT: someone correct me if im wrong, my mom's 2000 528iA had a maintenance free one, but this image makes me think otherwise for some models.....

·
Registered
520 Posts
hmmm I was thinking about this too recently and Im pretty sure mine is an oem white battery but im almost positive it has spots to add water as well. Ill take a look and let yall know.

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I took a look at the battery today, it's a 'Super Start' and reads, 'NEVER ADD WATER' in bold white font.. so I gues that makes it easy on me... now to check the wife's Honda.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts