1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ALL,

I am back with more electronic issues!
Worked through a bunch of problems and ended up here:
Steering angle sensor failure, no AWD.
I cleaned my original sensor, did not change a thing. ( I still have that set of parts)
I replaced the steering angle sensor (I bought the whole set of stalks from another 535xi used) the reaction is much better now but,
I need to recalibrate and maybe change the old VIN number in the good part to my VIN#?

I can't get anywhere on my own, I have no experience or a working system to code stuff.
I have tried a few local "experts" who can't get their shit together and even look at it?

Is there anyone in the Toronto area who may be able to get me through this?
The last part of my journey back to bliss involves the steering angle sensor and no AWD.
Looking for an experienced tech type who can get the last step completed - before I give up and winter hits!
I really need AWD to get through winter this year.

Crazy and I love IT (Like my wife, also has electrical problems!)

Thanks in advance,
Clive in Pickering
647 618 2130

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quick update:

I have purchased an online attempt to recalibrate the steering angle sensor ($149usd) with Bimmer America
They said right off, they have never done this before and if they cannot get it right, I will get a refund.

I will keep you posted as we go along.

Cheers

Clive

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"If you join the "BMW True North" Facebook group, there's a fellow named Artur Gyum who is a bit of a local legend with BMW coding. Look him up."

Thank you so much ABCarr!
That is really helpful and I am pursuing this right away.

Cheers Mate!

Clive
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wow. At that price you should just buy Bimmer Geeks Protool."

Thank you so much dharmabmw!
That is really helpful and also pursuing this right away.

Super cool info and I might be able to help myself better in future.

Cheers Mate!

Clive

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK 1st attempt:

Spent about 3hrs after getting the USB ports upgraded and downloaded a bunch of stuff on my laptop...
No Joy so far, more research about the steering angle sensor and will try again ASAP.

I saw the shenanigans on a shared console and I would not have had any success on my own.
The tech is obviously savvy and not used to being skunked, he will be back loaded for bear.
This stuff is all in German language

Keep you posted!

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts