BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car tells me it needs 1 quart. Where can we get some in Toronto that people prefer to use?

·
2009 750i
446 Posts
With a V8, i recommend keeping one in the trunk. Also, on your next oil change, ask for an extra quart to keep. A good SA will do that for free.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With a V8, i recommend keeping one in the trunk. Also, on your next oil change, ask for an extra quart to keep. A good SA will do that for free.
Just got the car so havn't done an oil change yet. Is it worthwhile to go to dealer? Indie shops are asking 140-160. If dealer wants 200+ it's not worth it. But I've heard that recently dealer offer competitive pricing on oil changes to get people in the door. What's your experience?

·
2009 750i
446 Posts
Just got the car so havn't done an oil change yet. Is it worthwhile to go to dealer? Indie shops are asking 140-160. If dealer wants 200+ it's not worth it. But I've heard that recently dealer offer competitive pricing on oil changes to get people in the door. What's your experience?
Dealer is around $160. Definitely not $200+. I go on Saturdays when they only do quick service work. You can browse or even test drive the new cars while you wait. I usually go to Autohaus. Sometimes Ajax if I need an earlier appointment.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer is around $160. Definitely not $200+. I go on Saturdays when they only do quick service work. You can browse or even test drive the new cars while you wait. I usually go to Autohaus. Sometimes Ajax if I need an earlier appointment.
Went to Parkview BMW today. they want 199+ tax! maybe for a 6 cylinder dealer charge 160 but they want so much for mine! I brought the oil for $10/quart and added them in.

·
2009 750i
446 Posts
Went to Parkview BMW today. they want 199+ tax! maybe for a 6 cylinder dealer charge 160 but they want so much for mine! I brought the oil for $10/quart and added them in.
Parkview is at a high-end location. They tend to charge more. Try other GTA dealers. Also, if you're out of warranty, get a 55-point inspection done at the dealer. It costs $60 but comes with free Roadside Assistance for 1 year. Much better deal than CAA plus you get various components checked out before they become bigger issues.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Parkview is at a high-end location. They tend to charge more. Try other GTA dealers. Also, if you're out of warranty, get a 55-point inspection done at the dealer. It costs $60 but comes with free Roadside Assistance for 1 year. Much better deal than CAA plus you get various components checked out before they become bigger issues.
I thought about the location of parkview being expensive but honestly I didn't expect the difference to be so much. When I was there I saw their poster for 55 (or was it 60?) point inspection and coverage, and thought that was interesting.

I already have CAA with my family so I get (I think) 4 or 6 tows, each up to 200(or 300?) kms a year for ~90 dollars. Have you used BMW's RA? Do they restrict the tows to the nearest BMW dealership?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also my car is due for brake fluid and cabin filter. Damn stealership wanted $330 for the cabin filters! Are you kidding me mon? The brake fluid was much more reasonable at $200 but I'm still inclined to go to an indy shop.

·
2009 750i
446 Posts
I thought about the location of parkview being expensive but honestly I didn't expect the difference to be so much. When I was there I saw their poster for 55 (or was it 60?) point inspection and coverage, and thought that was interesting.

I already have CAA with my family so I get (I think) 4 or 6 tows, each up to 200(or 300?) kms a year for ~90 dollars. Have you used BMW's RA? Do they restrict the tows to the nearest BMW dealership?
No you can pick where to tow. I once needed a tow in Brampton area and told them to take it to Ajax.

·
2009 750i
446 Posts
Also my car is due for brake fluid and cabin filter. Damn stealership wanted $330 for the cabin filters! Are you kidding me mon? The brake fluid was much more reasonable at $200 but I'm still inclined to go to an indy shop.
You can definitely do those at an indy. Learn more about how to reset the service on your i-drive. Lots on youtube. You'll need to do some work though at the dealer so you can get the free top ups and other extras. You need a good SA. They'll even print you service history. Good luck.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can definitely do those at an indy. Learn more about how to reset the service on your i-drive. Lots on youtube. You'll need to do some work though at the dealer so you can get the free top ups and other extras. You need a good SA. They'll even print you service history. Good luck.
Would there be a SA you recommend?

Did you do the CCP on your car? I booked with parkview 1st as they said it would take a week. Then I researched and found that they are instructed to give customers up to $50 in gift card/shopping/gas card and provide a loaner of equal or better spec. Parkview didn't mention the gift and wanted me to pay out of pocket for loaner. I want to cancel with them and book with a shop you recommend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts