BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dunno: Hi got a big problem, for the last month my remote key has not engaged the cental locking system. When I went to use the key in the driver door today it has failed to open the door! (just turning) although I can open the boot with the key.

So obviously locked out :mad: How do get in, any advice greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

·
"Clunker" *****
4,684 Posts
:dunno: Hi got a big problem, for the last month my remote key has not engaged the cental locking system. When I went to use the key in the driver door today it has failed to open the door! (just turning) although I can open the boot with the key.

So obviously locked out :mad: How do get in, any advice greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
I think you have a problem that needs dealer attention. When I lock or unlock my trunk all the doors look or unlock. I thought that was a BMW standard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

The Seats are fixed and normally opening the boot would activ8 the central locking, but not in this case, have just looked at the wiring from the actual boot lid and have found wires cut through or ready to break due to the opening and closing of it:eeps:

Think you could b right about the dealer

Cheers

·
Registered
108 Posts
The Seats are fixed and normally opening the boot would activ8 the central locking, but not in this case, have just looked at the wiring from the actual boot lid and have found wires cut through or ready to break due to the opening and closing of it:eeps:

Think you could b right about the dealer

Cheers
That was a common E36 issue with the wiring in the trunk.
I assume boot = trunk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts