BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get the touchup paint for my 06 E90 today. It appears that the dealers do not have touchup paints in stock because some CA regulations that BMW does not meet.

Does anybody know when the touchup paint is going to be available? Or, is there anyway I can get the genuine BMW touchup paint online?

Thanks!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Try Circle BMW in New Jersey.

http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/parts.html

Click on "Touch-up Paint" on the left-hand side and fill in the blank(s).

Call them to make sure they can ship to California what this state considers to be a vile, hazardous substance. Also try calling around to the Bay Area dealers. As I understand the situation, they are not restricted from selling stock they have on hand.

Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BrianSF said:
Try Circle BMW in New Jersey.

http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/parts.html

Click on "Touch-up Paint" on the left-hand side and fill in the blank(s).

Call them to make sure they can ship to California what this state considers to be a vile, hazardous substance. Also try calling around to the Bay Area dealers. As I understand the situation, they are not restricted from selling stock they have on hand.

Good luck.
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
114 Posts
yukon.denali said:
I am trying to get the touchup paint for my 06 E90 today. It appears that the dealers do not have touchup paints in stock because some CA regulations that BMW does not meet.

Does anybody know when the touchup paint is going to be available? Or, is there anyway I can get the genuine BMW touchup paint online?

Thanks!
Just called my dealer-all E90 touch-up paints are on 'national' back-order for re-labeling. According to them this has nothing to do with their paints not meeting a US or Cali govt standard.:(

·
Registered
614 Posts
Stevosea said:
Just called my dealer-all E90 touch-up paints are on 'national' back-order for re-labeling. According to them this has nothing to do with their paints not meeting a US or Cali govt standard.:(
I was told something completely different by my dealer. Maybe it's a SoCal versus NorCal thing.:confused:

·
Registered
614 Posts

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
yukon.denali said:

Thanks!
What the color code for the paint you can get the in the door jamb on the driver side....I have brough touch up paint all kinds of cars and never heard this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts