BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Go Tigers!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First ED Pick up is on Wed, obviously I am excited!!:):):)

I feel like I have been there after reading all of these articles, so thanks in advance to everyone for the information.

My question is that I arrive at 10am, travel to the Welt.
My Check in is at 130pm.

I wanted to do the tour, which is at 1145-145pm.

My BMWNA ED Contact indicated that I couldn't do the tour because the times overlapped.

The only other time for check in that day was earlier or during the tour, which wouldn't help.

We will only be in Munich on Wed and then returning on Saturday, leaving on Sunday (quick strike trip, but all I could do this go around).

Does anyone who has done the tour and picked up car after know if there might be some leeway in there to either leave tour early or check in a bit after the time scheduled?

I thought when I arrived at the Welt I would just ask what my options are and see what they can do.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

· CarSwami
810 Posts
I'm surprised that the folks at the Welt cannot accommodate a 15 min delay in your check in. You should definitely talk to them when you arrive at the Welt to see if they can do something to accommodate your factory tour timings. I've read posts from a lot of 'festers who were able to move their delivery times around, so you should ask if you can do so as well. Another option would be to talk to the tour guide before the tour starts to find out if there is some way you can leave the tour before it ends. My recollection is that this might be difficult to do, but it never hurts to ask. The tour is a lot of fun so I hope that you get to enjoy it and pick up your new car!

· Registered
1,205 Posts
If your check-in time is 1:30pm, your delivery scheduled time would be around 1 hour after that. You can check in earlier than your check in time.

We checked in at 10:00, took the tour from 11:15-13:45 (didn't seem like it lasted that long), then delivery was around 14:30.

You can check in at 10:00 -- takes about 15-20 minutes, have lunch, then head out for the tour.

I would double check times with BMW ED. There's flexibility built in their schedule. In fact, we took delivery 20-25 minutes prior to our scheduled time.

If all else fails, just Whine a little or a lot -- whatever it takes. :)

· Registered
589 Posts
No worries when u arrive at the welt u can check in right away and let them know u want to do the factory tour. U being a delivery customer the check in folks are also the ones who provide the tour tickets to u and ur guest(s). They will work around the factory tour and accommodate ur delivery to that. Enjoy ur delivery it is a wonderful experience.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
No worries when u arrive at the welt u can check in right away and let them know u want to do the factory tour. U being a delivery customer the check in folks are also the ones who provide the tour tickets to u and ur guest(s). They will work around the factory tour and accommodate ur delivery to that. Enjoy ur delivery it is a wonderful experience.
You do have to make a reservation for the factory tour thru a separate e-mail. When I e-mailed the factory tour people, they told me it conflicted with my delivery (they check both) and recommended the day before or the day after. I had to get BMW ED to change the delivery time in order to take the factory tour that same day.

· Go Tigers!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: the are making it all work out fine. I'm here now and the timing won't be an issue at all, just worried over nothing. What an awesome place this is...!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.