BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever seen one of these installed?

http://tinyurl.com/nmvpg

I'd like to see some pictures if anyone has some.
TIA
Randy

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
I have the rear roof spoiler on my Touring - bought it from the dealer, had them paint it and install it. It is cosmetic and does nothing for the car.

BTW, the eBay seller's info that this has something to do with Motorsports (///M) is incorrect.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patrick said:
I have the rear roof spoiler on my Touring - bought it from the dealer, had them paint it and install it. It is cosmetic and does nothing for the car.

BTW, the eBay seller's info that this has something to do with Motorsports (///M) is incorrect.
Thanks Patrick
Do you have a picture of the whole side of the car, I'd like to see the overall effect.

Randy

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Touring Dude said:
Thanks Patrick
Do you have a picture of the whole side of the car, I'd like to see the overall effect.

Randy
Actually, I don't, but I will take one later today and post it in this thread.

Here is a bit better rear shot of it (don't mind the road grime on the car):

·
YOU ARE NEXT!
1,036 Posts
I always wondered how a roof spoiler would look on the touring.

Hey Randy how are you doing, how is the heat in Glendale.... and the traffic around your area, it seems to be getting bad now.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Raff said:
I always wondered how a roof spoiler would look on the touring.

Hey Randy how are you doing, how is the heat in Glendale.... and the traffic around your area, it seems to be getting bad now.
Hi Raff
Sorry you missed Crystal Cove...It was impressive - Tons of cars and people. We'll be doing it again soon!

The heat and humidity have been unbearable, it was 111 in my backyard Saturday, yesterday was not as bad, but we spent the day at the Long Beach Aquarium - family was in from DC.
Yes and traffic does seems to be worse this summer than ever before, maybe it's time to move......
How's the new business going?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Patrick said:
Here goes:

Patrick
Your car looks great when it's clean!! Thanks for the pictures.
I am now considering the wing! Did you install it yourself? If so, was it difficult?

Randy

P.S. Where in Finland do you live?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
markseven said:
ruh row :eeps:
WHATTTTTTTTTT??????
You no like????

·
Fas kine Touring, Brah!
259 Posts
Hey Touring Friends,

Wheel Power (wheelpower.com) in Huntington Beach has the ACS roof spoiler add on.

Looks pretty cool to me.

The rear hatch is open but you can see it from the front view in this pic:

I waiting for Jack to bite on this one. :)

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Touring Dude said:
Patrick
Your car looks great when it's clean!! Thanks for the pictures.
I am now considering the wing! Did you install it yourself? If so, was it difficult?

Randy

P.S. Where in Finland do you live?
The original thread about my roof spoiler install from ages ago can be found here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46389

It really isn't any big deal, like I said, just a cosmetic thing. However, it is something left to a body shop and better yet, to the service department of your nearby dealer. Yes, that makes it expensive.

My Touring is rarely clean, right now it just happens to be, because I hadn't driven it for 8 weeks before those pics were taken. :eek:

However, I am thinking about a road trip soon ... I just have to figure out where I would drive to.

And I live in Turku, Finland, on the southwest coast of the country. :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
i want one too...

Aloha fellow touring nuts! I've been trying to find out the difference in size,price and overall looks between the OEM roof spoiler and the ACS roof spoiler. Anyone got any feedback? I'd love to get my hands on one ASAP once my decision has been made. BTW do we have a date set for wagonfest2?

cheers,
thaichi808

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Patrick said:
The original thread about my roof spoiler install from ages ago can be found here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46389

It really isn't any big deal, like I said, just a cosmetic thing. However, it is something left to a body shop and better yet, to the service department of your nearby dealer. Yes, that makes it expensive.

My Touring is rarely clean, right now it just happens to be, because I hadn't driven it for 8 weeks before those pics were taken. :eek:

However, I am thinking about a road trip soon ... I just have to figure out where I would drive to.

And I live in Turku, Finland, on the southwest coast of the country. :D

Seeing as how you have a REAL Euro Touring (Sport Wagon actually, I need to start refering to them as such) Do your rear turn signals (clear lens amber bulb) flash independently from the rest of the rear lights? The USA spec wagons have all red rear lens's and the top and bottom are all conected - brakes, turn signals, etc. The whole light flashes for turns, or lights up for brakes. I asked Dr Tyrone this question and he doesn't think there is a different harness for Euro vs USA spec wagons, at least nothing listed. I think they should be seperate and when I do euro rear lenseson my car I want them to light up correctly.

TIA
Randy

·
Registered
954 Posts
I still haven't had the chance to really look into those lights, but I believe any difference would have to be in the actual taillight units themselves, not in the wiring. I'll try and compare them both next time the two versions are in my hands. Probably a couple weeks

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tyrone said:
I still haven't had the chance to really look into those lights, but I believe any difference would have to be in the actual taillight units themselves, not in the wiring. I'll try and compare them both next time the two versions are in my hands. Probably a couple weeks
Great, let me know what you find out.

Randy

·
Registered
166 Posts
randy, i just purchased the oem spoiler from crevier$235.00
I'll post pix after i get it back from getting painted and installed. You missed a great turnout at todays carbon canyon meet. pm me if you have any questions

cheers,
thaichi808

1 - 20 of 33 Posts