BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Tow Hook License Plate Holder

8190 12
Is anyone using a Tow Hook License Plate Holder that does not set off the radar? If so, can you tell me where you got it from. Thank you in advanced..
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Hi,

check out www.moweraxle.com (email [email protected]). The plate has multiple holes for mounting. The first attempt set off the parking monitor. The second attempt I actually looked for the sensors while mounting and now no problems. My wife is not a fan of the tow hook look, she says it throws off the feng shui. I think it looks great though.

J
I'm using one from Rho-Plate. The way I have it mounted doesn't interfere with the parking sensors.
If your vehicle has PDC (Parking Distance Control) you will NEED the OFFSET3 LEFT bracket so you can retain the use of PDC. We also offer the OFFSET1 RIGHT bracket which will move the mount 2" towards the center of the vehicle which provides extra clearance for fog lights.

No Holes BMW License Plate Holder (E63/E53/E83/E85/F10/F01/F25)

I hope that helps!
Thanks. Mod bargins I will be visiting your site. Thanks again
www.rhoplate.com and it works amazingly well. Great construction, no problems yet.
I'm sorry for bring up a old thread but jdsilo, on the website for rho-plate, they state "For vehicles with NO front
parking sensors." does yours have PDC and if it does, does it interfere with it?

Thanks!
www.rhoplate.com and it works amazingly well. Great construction, no problems yet.
Take a look at US Mill Works, has many mounting points to position so it does not interfere with PDC.
The US Mill Works holder clears the parking sensor when offset two positions (inches) from dead center. It is stable in this position and looks better than a center mounted plate in my opinion.
Rho plate works fine with my parking sensors. You just have to position it correctly.
I think the offset of these mounts looks like sh_t. Just get some 3m trim tape and tape your plate to your bumper if you don't want to drill holes in it.
It's the center mounted plate that looks like crap on the M sport bumper. With the offset the front end design keeps its integrity.
I think the offset of these mounts looks like sh_t. Just get some 3m trim tape and tape your plate to your bumper if you don't want to drill holes in it.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Yours just happens to be wrong. :)
It's the center mounted plate that looks like crap on the M sport bumper. With the offset the front end design keeps its integrity.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.