Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jon,

I was looking at the other thread with the pictures of the X5 towing your boat/etc. It has a fairly impressive tow capacity (6000lbs). BMW does not offer tow hitches on non-X5s in the US right, right? As I recall, towing packages are offered on other models outside the US. Is there a good reason for this?

I even remember reading the tow rating of the Jaguar XJ series (3600lbs, I think).

Just curious :p

ps- you should put a hitch on the 328Ci. That would be a strange sight, a 3er coupe towing a boat :bigpimp:

·
Speed Bump
288 Posts
Actually, BMW NA has just started offering a tow hitch retrofit for E39 tourings.

Ed

nate328Ci said:
Jon,

I was looking at the other thread with the pictures of the X5 towing your boat/etc. It has a fairly impressive tow capacity (6000lbs). BMW does not offer tow hitches on non-X5s in the US right, right? As I recall, towing packages are offered on other models outside the US. Is there a good reason for this?

I even remember reading the tow rating of the Jaguar XJ series (3600lbs, I think).

Just curious :p

ps- you should put a hitch on the 328Ci. That would be a strange sight, a 3er coupe towing a boat :bigpimp:

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,265 Posts
Although not a true "factory option", BMW Retailers can arrange
for a "VPC-installed" trailer hitch for the X5. It is pretty cool;
the cost is minimal, and you don't have to mess with it at the
dealership level.

:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts