BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I understand it the RA1 is Toyo's race tire. And right next to it performance wise is the street version T1R. Is that correct?

If so I want to compare the Toyo T1R against Falken's RT-615.

Which of these two is closer to being a combo street/track tire with stiffer sidewalls, crisper turn-in, sticky compound, etc?

·
Registered
341 Posts
As I understand it the RA1 is Toyo's race tire. And right next to it performance wise is the street version T1R. Is that correct?

If so I want to compare the Toyo T1R against Falken's RT-615.

Which of these two is closer to being a combo street/track tire with stiffer sidewalls, crisper turn-in, sticky compound, etc?
I posted asking about the TOYO T1R as well, but got no response.:dunno: I guess no here runs Toyo's. It would be interesting to get Gary's take on this tire, if he has any experience with it, eventhough Tire Rack doesn't carry Toyo.

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can see from my signature I'm running the 615s.

Not many run Toyo anything. My impression is those that do are generally not impressed.

I could be wrong. Just my impression.

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have T1R's on my e36. Had them for a year and a half now. Down 2 track events and 1 autocross and they still are in great condition. Excellent tire IMO. Great wet traction also
Are they your street tire also? If yes how do you feel about that?

·
Registered
341 Posts
You can see from my signature I'm running the 615s.

Not many run Toyo anything. My impression is those that do are generally not impressed.

I could be wrong. Just my impression.
I've only found a couple of reviews about the Toyo T1R's and they have all been positive...similar to Rated_r's comments

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've only found a couple of reviews about the Toyo T1R's and they have all been positive...similar to Rated_r's comments
Would agree about the T1R but other Toyos.

Anyone running T1Rs on the street?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.