BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
CARPE DIEM
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,

I got a new set of regular caps for my car because one was missing. When removing the old ones I read "TPM INSIDE".

Is that cap has something special? can I remove it and replace it?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
hi folks,

I got a new set of regular caps for my car because one was missing. When removing the old ones I read "TPM INSIDE".

Thanks
Do you mean the valve stem cap?:dunno:
cheers
vern

·
CARPE DIEM
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes !!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
hi folks,

Thanks
Only in the respect that it is plastic and identifies the presence of a tire monitoring system.
Yes you can replace them but they should be plastic so they do not get stuck (galvanic reaction) to the valve stems.

dj

·
CARPE DIEM
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only in the respect that it is plastic and identifies the presence of a tire monitoring system.
Yes you can replace them but they should be plastic so they do not get stuck (galvanic reaction) to the valve stems.

dj
AFTER REPLACING CAN I test that it is working fine?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Any plastic cap will work fine. I lost two of my original silver color caps last year; didn't even notice they were gone until I checked my tire pressure one day. I went back to the dealership to ask for replacements and they gave me the cheapy black caps; what you get for free stuff!:rolleyes:

I ended up buying a dozen of those original caps online, in case I lose them again.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
That is just a plastic cap that you have had on all your cars. You can use any one if you like. It is there to keep junk out of the valve . They have no affect on the TPM system at all.
It's just a marketing thing just to let you know that you have TPM.

I suppose the next step is to get some glow in the dark/light up ones. LOL

·
CARPE DIEM
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is just a plastic cap that you have had on all your cars. You can use any one if you like. It is there to keep junk out of the valve . They have no affect on the TPM system at all.
It's just a marketing thing just to let you know that you have TPM.

I suppose the next step is to get some glow in the dark/light up ones. LOL
No wonder it says TPM INSIDE....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.