BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 BMW 525i. 1976 BMW 2002.
26 Posts
4 tire sensors good. Told by BMW I have bad monitor. 1000$ to replace and install. Not doing that. Can I bypass and remove warning light? 2011 528i BMW.
Get a 2nd opinion. You could actually have a bad TPMS sensor, but they might think you could be gullible and try to make you buy a ECM unit instead.
Go to any of most tire shops, and they can test your sensors with no malicious intent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already had reputable tire shop scan all 4 sensors. They read good. Looking for way to code it back to functional or just bypass. Just want warning message and light gone. Don't care about TPM . I don't find it useful. I do intend to try another tire shop. Might get lucky.

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
If you have any coding software/app….you may be able to do the reverse of those that have the FTM/RPA (flat tire monitor) system and want to go with the TPM/RDC (tire pressure monitor) system.

The FTM/RPA system is indirect and what was used PRIOR to the install of sensors inside the tires. It uses the ABS wheel sensor data to determine if a wheel is spinning at a different revolution than the other wheels.

If you search for the threads where they coded to activate the TPM/RDC direct system from the FTM/RPA indirect system…you could possibly do the reverse. The screen in iDrive will still be there and initiating the system when a wheel is changed or air is added is still there, but you will not have the PSI & temp data…nor have to deal with the sensors and their batteries dying out and the system will just check for different rotational differences through the ABS system.

FTM iDrive Screen
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive design

TPM iDrive Screen
Tire Wheel Sports equipment Car Vehicle

Reactions: neanderthal
1 - 4 of 4 Posts