BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 34psi in the front and 40psi in the rear, i guess i would expect the TPMS to read out pretty close to that on an immediate drive. I have never had a car that aloowed me to actually see the pressures immediately while driving. I bought a brandy new expensive tire gauge, so im hoping it is correct right out of the box. I truly understand how pressures work when the tire heats up/cools. So im not asking for a disortation on that subject. Just simply asking Yall to check it out with your gauges or give me insight into your experience with tire pressure in this vehicle. Has the TPMS remained the same throughout this run? Havent really had a chance to research or learn about BMW so far, too frickin busy.

·
Registered
580 Posts
European versions get a direct readout of the pressure in each tine -- baffles me why this isn't present in the US models. Do they they think this is too confusing for the average driver??? Or does the government not want us to know too much about our own vehicles???

·
Registered
319 Posts
European versions get a direct readout of the pressure in each tine -- baffles me why this isn't present in the US models. Do they they think this is too confusing for the average driver??? Or does the government not want us to know too much about our own vehicles???
My US 2016 X3 provides a direct readout of the pressure in each tire. Perhaps this was introduced as part of the LCI?

·
Enjoying our X3 and i3.
279 Posts
My US 2016 X3 provides a direct readout of the pressure in each tire.
Yep, and the pressure display let me figure out a recent low tire pressure warning was not a flat tire. When I got to a tire shop the gauge readings were within a PSI or two of what we were seeing on the display.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doing an Internet search, most people using good Tire pressure gauges, report a 1 to 2 psi low reading on the tpms. That's exactly what I'm seeing. Good stuff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts