BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how much a set of tpms costs from bmw?

I understand they are abt $50 each from TR...

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
basic discount is coming out at 35 per sensor and 10 per valve stem. checking with my parts guy to see if thats all i need, so it should be 180 +8 bucks shipping for OE BMW parts.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's a pretty good price. I'm at $40/sensor, $9/stem.
I tried looking these up for my 335i coupe and could NOT find them on your site. I am planning on buying used wheels and tires which dont have the TPMSs installed on them. They are the ASA JH3 17x7.5. I was told by my dealer that TPMSs can't be retrofitted onto wheels. Is that true?

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
I tried looking these up for my 335i coupe and could NOT find them on your site. I am planning on buying used wheels and tires which dont have the TPMSs installed on them. They are the ASA JH3 17x7.5. I was told by my dealer that TPMSs can't be retrofitted onto wheels. Is that true?
unless the wheel has a very weird inner profile, false, the TPMS sensors are bolted to the inside of a metal valve stem, so as long as the rims have a valve stem hole....

·
Registered
580 Posts
basic discount is coming out at 35 per sensor and 10 per valve stem. checking with my parts guy to see if thats all i need, so it should be 180 +8 bucks shipping for OE BMW parts.
That is a good price -- where are you getting these from?

I called my dealership today and was given the price of $249.14 for 4 TPMS modules and 4 valve stems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
These aren't sold online, but are available through me directly by phone. The ASA JH3 is indeed TPMS compatible. Your dealer is incorrect.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
Got mine from JD @ Crown BMW today:

total price was 184.12, 35.95 per sensor, 10.08 per stem.
it looks like now the tire rack price for sensors has dropped to 184 as well, so its a wash.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gary, would the TPM sensors you sell be compatible with the Beyern Mesh BMW-specific wheels?
The sensors we sell are OEM. If you need to know if a specific wheel is compatible with OEM sensors, you'll need to contact a dealer for that wheel brand or the manufacturer of the wheel directly.

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts
Gary:
I want a set of 4 TPMS and the stems for 184 bucks.
Should I call, contact Tirerack direct or PM you to get this done?
Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts