BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:

Hope all of you are enjoying the summer. Question: I own a 2007 328xi coupe. I purchased the car with 48k and 80k just arrived. My tire tread (inside to out) is down to 3/16-4/16-6/16" - I have been told that this is normal for the car. Anyway, new tires before the snow sets in seems adviseable. Should I replace all of the sensors at this time? I've been told that 5 years is expected battery life for the sensors. Also, can anybody recommend a good aftermarket sensor? Thanks, Alan (Connecticut)

· Registered
2,510 Posts
Just put new Toyo's on our 2009 328i replacing noisy Runflats.

New TPMS were included for $8.50 each by my indy tire shop ..... no big deal.

· Flying monkey herder
8,298 Posts

are you sure it wasnt a rebuild kit? 8.50 is way too cheap to be the whole sensor. the valvestem alone is 7.50 discounted

· Registered
2,510 Posts
are you sure it wasnt a rebuild kit? 8.50 is way too cheap to be the whole sensor. the valvestem alone is 7.50 discounted
Just checked my invoice and yes it was a rebuild kit. It works and what do I care it's spinning around inside my tires!

Going to give my tire dealer Kauffman a plug (no pun intended) they are awesome!

Attachments

· Registered
10,963 Posts

Sounds like a "rebuild" kit, not new sensors. What the OP is concerned about is the battery life and a rebuild kit doesn't address that.

· Registered
10,963 Posts
Greetings:

Hope all of you are enjoying the summer. Question: I own a 2007 328xi coupe. I purchased the car with 48k and 80k just arrived. My tire tread (inside to out) is down to 3/16-4/16-6/16" - I have been told that this is normal for the car. Anyway, new tires before the snow sets in seems adviseable. Should I replace all of the sensors at this time? I've been told that 5 years is expected battery life for the sensors. Also, can anybody recommend a good aftermarket sensor? Thanks, Alan (Connecticut)
I would say that 5 years is the LOWER battery life to be expected from the 2007 TPMS...however you may have the tires on for what...two years? If you don't want to risk it, contact The Tire Rack for replacement TPMS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.