BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possibly a dumb question, but I'm not a motorhead. Can you transfer the TPMS sensors from worn out tires to new tires during the installation?

·
Registered
515 Posts
As far as I know, the TPMS stay with the wheels so you don't even have to 'replace' them when swapping tires.
I've had sensors moved from one wheel set to another too, but some will advise against that as the sensors could be damaged during removal.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
As far as I know, the TPMS stay with the wheels so you don't even have to 'replace' them when swapping tires.
I've had sensors moved from one wheel set to another too, but some will advise against that as the sensors could be damaged during removal.
Do you think replacing the senors will allow the pressure/temp readout????

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
That is all mine shows as well although I do get accurate information when one tire has low pressure. This has been brought up a number of times in the coding section --- some cars just do not show the actual psi and nobody has found out what the issue is.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you remove them you need a new valve stem nut. Might be easier to get a new valve stem. This way it don't leak. Some places have tpms maintenance kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts