BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 535i a few weeks ago (U.S. delivery) and the dealer told me that I could track the progress online at bmwusa.com. She claimed I could actually see video of the car being made. Any truth to that? I registered on the website and can track the car but all you see is a bogus timeline saying it's in production, awaiting transport, etc. I don't mind waiting but if this is all the info I get, there's no need to check the website on a weekly basis.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I ordered a 535i a few weeks ago (U.S. delivery) and the dealer told me that I could track the progress online at bmwusa.com. She claimed I could actually see video of the car being made. Any truth to that? I registered on the website and can track the car but all you see is a bogus timeline saying it's in production, awaiting transport, etc. I don't mind waiting but if this is all the info I get, there's no need to check the website on a weekly basis.
Thats all you get when you go to tracking your vehicle. As far as the video that would be great but I think she is B/S you.
cheers
vern

·
Registered
847 Posts
And keep checking with dealer for true progress if it really matter to you - BMWUSA has been notoriously slow in updating status on the website (though new website is lightyears better than before and this may be fixed) but dealer status is accurate.

I am tracking a 535i order myself and though it seems pretty true to timeline I expect, do not know if it is up to date (have not checked with dealer).

·
Registered
362 Posts
She claimed I could actually see video of the car being made. Any truth to that?
That is an interesting and much desired enhancement request for BMW AG / NA. Lot of festers would love seeing their car during manufacturing process. May be what she meant was you take a screen shot of the static progress every hour throughout the process. Once you get your car, you can put those screen shots together in an animated gif and play it. It will appear like a slow movie. :rofl:

As things stand now, there is no such feature. You are lucky that you were able to register and see the static progress bar of your car's manufacturing. Several festers had issue even registering.

Don't be alarmed or surprised, if features listed for your car on BMW NA's web site keep changing / disappearing. That is a known issue. Make sure your CA gives you a printout of the options that you have ordered. That is the source of true configuration of your car.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Thats all you get when you go to tracking your vehicle. As far as the video that would be great but I think she is B/S you.
cheers
vern
+1. I tracked my '05 525i on the BMW website after ordering it back in 2004, and this is all I got as well. Never heard of an actual video of your car being built.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts