BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I have been driving a leased 328xi for about 5 months now. There are 4600 miles on the car and I have been having some problems with it since about 3 months ago. My transmission is terrible, its shifts are harsh and it does not accelerate good at all. In stop and go traffic the car is actually difficult to drive because I have to judge the right amount of pressure on the pedal. Also, I get lots of creaks and rattles that seem to come from both seats in the front (either underneath or on the sides, this creack/ rattle constantly is there even with the slightest undulating roads). I also get a crackle in the back deck. The biggest problem is of course the transmission isssue. I had it to the dealership 4 times for the same problem and they keep re-flashing the ECU or they install new software updates - NOTHING seems to help.

NOTE: Every other 3 series loaner I have gotten in the mean time drives BEAUTIFULLY!
The dealer even let me take out a brand new 3 series right off the lot to give it a drive. Of course it was smooth as silk - NO rattles and a beautiful transmission.

Later this month, a regional engineer will be at my dealership to take my car for a ride and troubleshoot the issue. I am getting really aggravated that I am having these troubles from a $41K BMW.

*** Heres the thing, is there anything I can say/do/threaten that will persuade them to offer me a new 3 series??? :dunno: This car I have now is leased and as I said before, there is only 4600 miles on it and it is only 5 months old since I leased it new in November

As usual, any and all input is greatly appreciated!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anybody else?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How hard is it to get a trade assist?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts