BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Traffic Updates

1268 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Kilgore Trout
does anyone know if theres a way to get sirius traffic updates, the problem with the BMW service is they require you to pay for the service upfront for the year. any way around this?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
traffic updates for the nav should be coming through FM, not sirius.
The BMW traffic is free.
does anyone know if theres a way to get sirius traffic updates, the problem with the BMW service is they require you to pay for the service upfront for the year. any way around this?
on my 2007 navi it does not show updates. I thought I had to pay as well.
Some areas just broadcast during rush hour if they do. LA is 24/7.
My 2007 still has traffic and I haven't paid for any services. I do know from some traveling that not every city has FM updates. Did you ever have traffic updates where you travel?
on my 2007 navi it does not show updates. I thought I had to pay as well.
I have no idea what you are talking about...the BMW traffic is lifetime and free...who is telling you to pay for it?...sounds like a scam to me....
i'm starting to wonder if the OP is referring to the sirius traffic stations... not the FM traffic info the navi uses.
On my 08 I can select the radio stations for the traffic information the navigation system uses. I think its somewhere in the settings under "Information".
Some manufacturers use Sirius to supply traffic info to their Nav systems (many Dodge and related makes come to mind). Its not the same as the traffic / weather stations, its basically the same thing we have, except it costs them. Its still pretty much major markets only so they are probably just rebroadcasting what we get for free.
BMW gets traffic data from only one source: ClearChannel. You can't change that or select something else. There are no other options.

http://www.clearchannel.com/MediaAndEntertainment/PressRelease.aspx?PressReleaseID=1744

The option to select a traffic source is for radio reports, not data for the Nav system.
On my 08 I can select the radio stations for the traffic information the navigation system uses. I think its somewhere in the settings under "Information".
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.