BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search about this and didn't find very much. I noticed that this $180 on the latest price sheet for the E92. I understand that this has been a BMW tradition since the 90's. But I can't find any reference to it on the 06 price list. It doesn't seem like it is optional.

So, what is BMW's explanation for it?
And, how come it is not on the 06 price sheet? Did I just miss it, or was it bundled with something else. If it was not there, how come they added it back?

·
detour in Ingolstadt
3,180 Posts
Actually, I'm thinking about charging all of my clients the "I went to a private college for software engineering fee." Surely they'll want to share the cost of my exorbitant education.

·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sense that I have is that it is a ticky-tac fee, that every one criticizes. And I'm not really asking for justification here. I really just want to know BMW's rational behind it, and a bit of the history behind it. These things can just as easily be built into the price of the car without generating all the outrage it does by sticking it out there as a separate line item.

·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shocker1976 said:
Not sure why but the $180 training fee is ONLY for US delivery and its not being charged for ED.
Well, okay, that's something I didn't know. Great! And pertains to me cause that's what I'm gonna to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.