BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have posted on this issue before. When i go from 2 to 3 in DS sport mode the car feels like it got kicked in the a$$ and jumps like 10-20 feet. I took it to the dealer and they said that it is a software issue based on a SIB and that the transmission needs to be reflashed to resolve the issue. After a long debate with them, i got the dealer to pay for this and and took the car in on tuesday. I just picked it up today and found a chip in my rear deck lid, a scratch on the rear and on the front bumper!!! I was fuming and took pictures and sent them to the service manager before taking the car off of the lot. I even mentioned it to the service cashiers before i took the car. Then i drive maybe a mile in DS sport and when i go from 2-3 the same damn issue!!!! Sent an email to the service manager again and mentioned that the issue is still there. He has asked me to bring the car in to look at the scratches/chip in the paint, and also take a drive with the foreman to have me create the issue. 5 bucks says they will try to tell me thats normal and im gonna kick someone.

So lets ask some questions:

1) does your tranny kick, or did it in the past? What was done to fix?

2) since they chipped my paint, i agree they should fix it, but will they try to say that it was there when i took it in (i know for a fact it wasnt) and how to handle it??

Thanks for listening to my rant.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My tranny kicked, they wanted to do software so I let them. I knew that wasnt the solution based on what I read. So when it acted up again I demanded a new mechatronics unit. I got it and never had problems again.

I also got a nice door ding at the dealership one time. They can act like it was already there, but I hand wash this car once a week. I know the few flaws, that wasnt there. They just acted pretty blasé about the whole thing which pissed me the f*** off! Got it fixed with some paintless dent repair.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My tranny kicked, they wanted to do software so I let them. I knew that wasnt the solution based on what I read. So when it acted up again I demanded a new mechatronics unit. I got it and never had problems again.

I also go a nice door ding at the dealership one time. They can act like it was already there, but I had wash this car once a week. I know any flaws, that wasnt there. They just acted pretty blasé about the whole thing which pissed the f*** off! Got it fixed with some paintless dent repair.
BD thanks for the response!!! I am headed over to the dealer now to show them the issues and will bring up the mechatronics unit and demand it as well. truly appreciate the guidance!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
BD thanks for the response!!! I am headed over to the dealer now to show them the issues and will bring up the mechatronics unit and demand it as well. truly appreciate the guidance!:thumbup:
My SA walks through my car as part of drop-off procedure. My job is to walk around my car when I pick it up to make sure, and I am not leaving until I am sure no new dings/dent etc. Just something you may want to ask your SA next time to walk through the car and note any pre-condition dings/blemish, save you a headache dealing with them later.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke with the service manager this morning and they are assigning me a new sa since IMHO mine sucked. Also they agreed to repair the scratches/dings at their cost.

So with regards to the tranny they reflected the device and changed the tranny sleeve ?? Now since the foreman felt the issue while driving they have agreed to take it in again and changer the mechatronics unit and potentially the transmission/clutches if that doesn't fix it. Yay!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.