BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 93 325is with automatic transmission, there are times that a orange light is on and the car won't accelerate quick, i brought it to my mechanic and he said it is stock on 4th gear. i brought it to another mechanic and he somewhat turn it off by using a scanner and its back to normal. it accelerate quick but i am a little bit worried coz some guys said it could slip sometime soon.... i was thinking instead of changing a used automatic tranny i think its better if i just change it to manual so i don't have to worry about slippin'! i met this guy who swap his automatic tranny to manual but he did it himself and can't do that, i wanna konw what parts do i need and do you think a 318i manual tranny would work on my car? how muck money do you think would it cost me? please help by giving me advise and idea on parts. thanks

·
Protect your (lug) nuts
4,571 Posts
Or.. you could just get a newer, better car, already with a manual.

·
Tightrope walking
9,559 Posts
If you have lots of time, patience and skill, by all means try the tranny swap. It'll no doubt cost you more money to do the job than would selling your auto and buying a car with a manual, though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts