Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2011 E70 35i and I was looking for actuator motor to remove and change out the black gear on the worm screw. I couldn't find it and went to put the TransferCase Cross Member back on and now I can get it past the rubber insert where the long pass through bolt goes.

Has anyone had this problem, if so how did you fix it?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,461 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I understand this, the issue is the rubber mounts won't allow me to get the crossmember around them.

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,215 Posts
Probably because it the rubber bushing is hardened at this point. You might want to try and apply some Sil Glyde or similar to the rubber mount and see if that helps lubricate it enough to allow you to mate the parts.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,461 Posts
...apply some Sil Glyde or similar
Bwahaha! KY will work as well and can be reused.

Sil-Glyde Lubricating Compound/Sil-Glyde Brake Lubricant
*The exact percentage (concentration) of composition has been withheld as a trade secret.

Chemical Name. CAS-No. Weight %
Trade secret
Castor oil
8001-79-4
30-60
Diethyl phthalate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have a 2011 E70 35i and I was looking for actuator motor to remove and change out the black gear on the worm screw. I couldn't find it and went to put the TransferCase Cross Member back on and now I can get it past the rubber insert where the long pass through bolt goes.

Has anyone had this problem, if so how did you fix it?
Try flipping the bolt through the opposite direction. And have a jack under the transfercase so you can lower and lift up as needed to fit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts