BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new member;) i got my dream 2005 525I a couple weeks ago in AS IS No warranty deal
it is perfect and like new; except one issue :thumbdwn:

when it come to stop the transmission jerk down shifting from the second and the firs gear
all the time.

i took it to AAMCO Renton /WA they said they can't pin point the problem by just driving it and the there are no codes on the computer. so they charged me 120$ to open the oil Pan and check for metal grinds which they found some on the magnet now they want to rebuild the whole transmission with undetermined coast because they still have no idea what those little metal peaces came from.

I have read that it might be a common issue with this model and from my research i am assuming it might be the Mechatronic (Valve Body) my car has 92K miles i have no records of any transmission service at the dealership.

i can use any advice to which direction i need to go now and how to solve this problem?

thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is a "tip in" update that the dealer can perform (that's what it was called on my service printout) that will probably help. You should also find out what fluid the shop replenished your car with as it takes a special (expensive) fluid. Many have used other fluids and report success but it's quite a debate whether it should be done.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I think it's soft. I have 03' wagon a long time ago, I had same issue, went to dealer and after $150 the problem is gone forever. I think you have pretty much same tranny as e46 3-series.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you i will take it to the dealer and see if software up date will solve the problem. can anyone tell me how to check for my current software version!?
AAMCO said they used BMW certified ATF and they charged me 60$ for 6.3 Quarts Plus labor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts