BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
913 Posts
How do you read the transmission error codes? I have the Pieke tool and I was testing my transmission shifts and it went into failsafe but I couldn't get any codes out of the Pieke (just got the "---")
Peake tools dont read EGS codes. I returned mine just for this reason and purchased the Bavarian Technic software / cable solution, it reads all the modules including the trans EGS.

· Registered
913 Posts
Thanks. I'm probably buying the BMW softare and interface to be able to test/repair all of my BMW's.
The "real" BMW kit is thousands, Bavarian Technic is $287 or $9ish for unlimited VINs, it reads most BMWs from the 80's. Others to consider, Carsoft and Autoingenuity (I think that is the name)... I liked what the BT web site had to say and called them. Happy with the BT thus far.

· Registered
913 Posts
Just wanted to close the loop - Ignition switch replacement corrected all of the problems above.

I'm picking up a computer with the BMW software - should work o.k. I have an 04 745Li - and there are no manuals for it...
what made u think to replace the ignition switch?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.