BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I could pull my hair out and not for the first time a little confused ;)

I have a 2007 650i. I have literally just finished valve and timing cover replacements. All running perfectly and no codes. Noticed a small coolant leak so left it idling for a few minutes on the axle stands , came back and found fluid spurting out from behind the gearbox. It was coming from up and behind the left hand back corner of the box if you are standing in front of the car (drivers side as a uk car).

I popped a camera under there and there did seem to be some red fluid as expected but what I find strange is that all of the fluid hitting the ground is clear (on a white surface) rather than red or brown?

I turned the engine off straightaway but the fluid continued to come out in pulses (rather than drip or pour out) for a good few minutes afterwards.

Any thoughts as to what could be going on here please?

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is the fluid oily to the touch or have a smell? On my 2-series, the AC condensation drip hose is right next to the gearbox. Not certain it is the same on the 6-series, however I would bet based on the description of the fluid coming out in pulses that it is just AC condensation coming out when the hose gets full.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the fluid oily to the touch or have a smell? On my 2-series, the AC condensation drip hose is right next to the gearbox. Not certain it is the same on the 6-series, however I would bet based on the description of the fluid coming out in pulses that it is just AC condensation coming out when the hose gets full.
Thanks , I think you’re probably right. There is no smell and it does seem like water. Turned the ac off and ran engine again. After a little while liquid stopped all together and hasn’t happened again. Fingers crossed that’s all it is. Thanks again for your advice 👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts