BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello- I have used this forum numerous times for info on coding and always found it very helpful- However to my latest problem- I have a 520d F11 with a manual gearbox- My clutch is on its last legs and have looked at options to replace it -- it is expensive as if I do it I will do it correctly so also new DMF,bearings.seals etc- However thinking off the wall and was considering replacing the manual box with an auto box- obviously will need a new gearstick, propshaft ( I believe they are different lengths) and pedal box/replace/cut clutch off- clutch master cylinder leave or remove- BUT my biggest problem is how to code this- is it possibel to do firstly and if so is it possible to code- anyone any ideas?

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome! I've moved your question to our BMW coding forum, you'll get help here on the coding part of the problem. In addition to coding you might need a new wiring harness if it isn't already wired for an auto. In short this would end up being a really expensive project. You'd be much better off selling your car and buying an auto than try to do this.

Tim

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hello- I have used this forum numerous times for info on coding and always found it very helpful- However to my latest problem- I have a 520d F11 with a manual gearbox- My clutch is on its last legs and have looked at options to replace it -- it is expensive as if I do it I will do it correctly so also new DMF,bearings.seals etc- However thinking off the wall and was considering replacing the manual box with an auto box- obviously will need a new gearstick, propshaft ( I believe they are different lengths) and pedal box/replace/cut clutch off- clutch master cylinder leave or remove- BUT my biggest problem is how to code this- is it possibel to do firstly and if so is it possible to code- anyone any ideas?
I think coding would be one of your least concerns, when I compare FA's of stickshift vs. auto-gearbox F10/F11's a couple of things differ:

Typeschlussel should be coded to version with automatic transmission depending on engine and/or left/right hand drive.

Automatic gearbox (SA205) or (SA2TB, sport) should be added to vehicle order.

EGS (Electronic Gearbox System or ECU for auto gearbox), DME, DSC, ICM, FRM and possible other modules should be flashed with E-SYS with the new FA.

Important and difficult would be to have hardware compatibility between your current DME and new EGS, getting all the parts "right" and connected would be the bigger headache

1 - 3 of 3 Posts