BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my baby just jumped into the 'transport to en route' stage and i was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes to recieve the car from this point???

also, i had a bad experience with my 04 g35 6mt and the dealership made me pay $1,000 for the clutch...Does bmw cover that under their warranty??

Thanks

-Ali Bamshad

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Assume your car is shipped from Bremerhaven, it will be about a 3 week crossing, then the VPC shake down, so figure 4-5 days from the Port Hueneme arrival to reach you finally in the OC. My delivery schedule is in my signature. Good luck,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks...so as far as the clutch goes....??

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
cool thanks...so as far as the clutch goes....??
Clutch? If you ordered a 6MT it will be the floor pedal on the left. No sure what you mean? :confused:

Through the delivery process your car will get loaded on/off a train & boat. In the States it gets loaded on a truck to be dropped off to your dealers and the SA drives it around to see if it runs ok & criuse control works and presto it's yours. :D

Warranty? The clutch is typically a non-warranty item like tires. If it is smoked the shop will likely point fingers at the abuser. :thumbdwn:

My first order in January arrived with a burnt clutch from a stupid truck driver & I refused delivery. My re-order clutch works fine albeit only 7 miles upon delivery. :angel:

·
BigTime Defender
337 Posts
The boat stops in Ensenada;
Federales shake down the captain;
Your car gets taken for a 10 mile red line joy ride on Baja Highway 1;
Your car arrives 2 days late with a Mezcal worm in the ash tray.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The boat stops in Ensenada;
Federales shake down the captain;
Your car gets taken for a 10 mile red line joy ride on Baja Highway 1;
Your car arrives 2 days late with a Mezcal worm in the ash tray.
LOL :)

GarySL said:
Warranty? The clutch is typically a non-warranty item like tires. If it is smoked the shop will likely point fingers at the abuser.

So my dealer lied to me about covering the clutch under warranty?!? i hope it wont burn out like my old G35 did, I had to pay $1000 about a year and half into the lease :mad:

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Whether a clutch is covered under warranty is a gray area. A normal clutch will operate trouble free for years. After 1,000 miles, a clutch replacement is unusual. The SA will attempt to determine if the clutch was abused or if it was defective. And it would be covered if the SA thought some component of the clutch was from poor installation or a bad part. Typically the scenario is poor driving techniques (=burn outs, foot left on pedal...).

Still don't understand why you are concerned about your clutch if you are receiving a brand new car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts