BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So at 14,000 miles, had the time and $ to change the Pirelli run-flats to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.
I'm planning to put the Pirelli's back on at lease end, and not pay for another set.
I cleaned them up and was surprised at the difference in wear between the fronts and the rears; the fronts were significantly more worn, especially in the middle of the tire (this is especially concerning, as the dealership recommended against rotating tires!
The conventional tires feel good, but haven't really driven on them enough to really tell...https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=841347&stc=1&d=1550971877...hard to see, esp sideways, but the tire on left is from front, tire on right is from rear, after 14k miles...

Attachments

·
Ziggy.
424 Posts
These new X1's eat tires like nobodies business and i really have no idea why. ive had some come in for their first oil change and almost need tires. id deffinitly rotate them tho like every 5k miles. if not sooner

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's solid advice...I almost listened to the service advisor at the dealership who told me " BMW doesn't recommend rotating tires because the vehicle is so well balanced". They also would like to sell me mo' tires!

·
Ziggy.
424 Posts
That's solid advice...I almost listened to the service advisor at the dealership who told me " BMW doesn't recommend rotating tires because the vehicle is so well balanced". They also would like to sell me mo' tires!
i actually work at a dealer, and at least at my dealership they are trying to get us to start selling rotates. as a tech if a car needs a rotate id recommend one i dont really care what bmw says. the power bias is like 60/40 rear to front not 50/50

·
Registered
159 Posts
Amazing what you hear sometimes from BMW service advisors. So ridiculous.:rofl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts