BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steve, Depending on the state of your battery, it may take a day or two to reach stage 7. CTEK only charges at a max of 4ish amps so as not to damage the battery. Make sure they hood is "open" meaning that the U bolts on the hood are not down in to the switches at the front of the engine. My understanding is that "hood open" separates the 12v circuit from the 48v? (if I recall) hybrid battery. I use a CTEK on my '21 M340 and have had no problems charging it.....just give it time. In my M340 I notice electric motor noises in the driver side bulkhead area. Also the red triangle (hazard) in the center will stay lit as well as the backlights around the headlight controls. As the battery charges up closer to 13 volts those lights will go out. I've been creating a table of volts vs observations on the car to pinpoint at which voltage various items (electric motors) stop cycling. There is lots of info on forums (other X_ BMWs have the same issue). It's frustrating to pay this much for a car and have to jump through hoops to charge it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts