BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading about this sub issue for a while. I read that someone removed it without taking out the seat. Well, that didnt work on my e66. I removed the bolts from the back and couldnt find same bolts in the front. Front has these RIVET looking bolts. I dont know if this is where I should be looking into. So I tilted the seat to remove the sub cover. I was successful but then I noticed that there is no way to take out the speaker from the plastic box. I thought I would write up a DIY but I got stock. I read it somewhere that you can just drop it in. But to remove the speaker you need to unscrew the box top and screws are under the seat rail.

It looks like I have to remove the seat completely, pull the carpet and take out the whole thing. Looks like a big job. Who has done this on the E66? I need some help.

I also read that when you take out the seat and unplug the harness - airbag light will come on the dash after reinstallation. Is that true that you have to disconnect battery in order to remove the seat? Dont you need to reregister that later? I dont know where to go from here.

I want to to a writeup with pics but Im kind of stock on that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
you have to disconnect battery in order to remove the seat.you don't need to reregister that later.
yes have to remove the seat completely, pull the carpet and unscrew the box top and unscrew screws for sub, remove old one and drop new one in to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts