BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I busted out the peanut butter this weekend to try and get the white crap off of my black trim. Worked fairly well, except that then the car had peanut butter all over the black trim. So, to get *that* off, I sprayed a rag with some sort of random household cleaner and wiped it off.

Result? Trim looks several hundred times worse. White streaks EVERYWHERE, looks like complete crap.

So, assuming that the household cleaner was the problem, what SHOULD I have used to take the peanut butter off of the trim?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I used peanut oil to avoid that very problem. Used a terry cloth rag to wipe it on and another one to wipe it off :thumb:

My first attempt a while ago was with peanut butter and I used a terry cloth rag as well. The problem was I had to make several passes to get it off :(

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
100% cotton towel did the trick for me. Did you use Jiff, detailers brand of choice :D

You only need to use enough to put a light coat on. I let it sit for ~ 5 minutes and it came off fairly easy:thumb:

·
Cheapassaurus Rex
128 Posts
JST said:
So I busted out the peanut butter this weekend to try and get the white crap off of my black trim. Worked fairly well, except that then the car had peanut butter all over the black trim. So, to get *that* off, I sprayed a rag with some sort of random household cleaner and wiped it off.

Result? Trim looks several hundred times worse. White streaks EVERYWHERE, looks like complete crap. <snip>
To remove peanut butter: neighborhood dog :lmao: Funny to watch him pause to lick it off roof of his mouth.

In all seriousness, I saw your car's trim. You could pose your question to the guy at www.carecareonline.com. Black Again has gone in the shitter (changed companies ) according to him so that's not an option. He does mention a 3M exterior rubber product. I'm preparing an order so if you see anything you want, let me know, we save on shipping.

Last but not least, dig out that household cleaner and look for a phone number. Maybe they will have some suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.