BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

trim

1123 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  t2112
Does anyone know where to find roof trim for my 1989 325is. The piece blew off coming home from body shop, and they are not willing to help find or replace, I have called several places and have had no luck. Thanks for any sugestions
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
was it an area that they worked on?
Yes, but once they received there payment they did't want to here from me again. This body shop was the only one in the area that would repair the car so I believe they got in over there head then took short cuts in order to still make a profit. My problem was I really enjoy this car and wanted it fixed I could not see it going into the crusher. The car was perfect in every way, and I will get it back that way again if I can find the parts. Any ideas on what to do with trying to find replacement trim would be much appreciated. It is a dicontinued part at the dealer. Thanks.
was it an area that they worked on?
Check the part-out threads on the Classified forum. Use realoem.com to get part numbers and/or diagrams to specify exactly which piece(s) you need:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130

http://realoem.com/bmw/
Yes, but once they received there payment they did't want to here from me again. This body shop was the only one in the area that would repair the car so I believe they got in over there head then took short cuts in order to still make a profit. My problem was I really enjoy this car and wanted it fixed I could not see it going into the crusher. The car was perfect in every way, and I will get it back that way again if I can find the parts. Any ideas on what to do with trying to find replacement trim would be much appreciated. It is a dicontinued part at the dealer. Thanks.
i would go after them. they didnt fix it correctly. just mention that your lawyer is waiting for your call to get things rolling. theyll change their mind fairly quickly if theyre smart
try car-parts.com. Had some luck over the years with them.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.