BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trunk operates fine when open with button in driver side and key, however when it comes to closing the trunk, usually closing with a push of a button has stopped working. The buttons do not light up anymore and now have to close the trunk manually. Anyone know how to fix and why it happened

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Typically this is indicative of a broken wire that runs from the trunk button, down through the inside of the right trunk hinge. Pretty easy fix, but a pain to access the harness...it's the LIN bus wire. If you are lucky you may find the broken wire outside of the hinge, right as it exits....

You should be able to close and open your trunk from the button on the drivers side, and using your key fob.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Typically this is indicative of a broken wire that runs from the trunk button, down through the inside of the right trunk hinge. Pretty easy fix, but a pain to access the harness...it's the LIN bus wire. If you are lucky you may find the broken wire outside of the hinge, right as it exits....

You should be able to close and open your trunk from the button on the drivers side, and using your key fob.

Cheers
I just coded the feature to close the trunk with the interior button and key fob with Bimmercode as this wasn't present before, I close the trunk from the inside and it goes down but doesn't seem to close all the way as it says "trunk opened" and when I try closing the trunk with the key fob it makes a clicking noise where trunk lock actuator is. I checked the codes with Bimmerlink and got the code 8020D9 "Central locking SCA rear contact: SCA and tailgate stuck, lock defective or short circuit to ground." Haven't checked the wires yet but the culprit may be the lock actuator or faulty wiring

·
Registered
2013 750i and 2015 740i
3,178 Posts
I checked the codes with Bimmerlink and got the code 8020D9 "Central locking SCA rear contact: SCA and tailgate stuck, lock defective or short circuit to ground." Haven't checked the wires yet but the culprit may be the lock actuator or faulty wiring
Sounds like an issue with the latch. Maybe it can be cleaned, but if not, you're probably going to have to replace it.

There's a recent thread about this. It's confusing and hard to follow, but just look at the documents @Solidsnake227 posted there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts