BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
540i 535i 335i X5 330i
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My trunk lights stopped working last month, and i have always had some weird electrical gremlins. I read about this on Roadfly, check your wiring loom in the trunk where it exits out the hole. Looks like when the trunk lid is pushed to the fully open position (beyond 90 degrees), the wire loom gets cut on a deck lip because BMW made the wire loom too short. I fixed my broken wire with a connector (that was the trunk lights) wrapped each wire in elec tape, then put rubber bike tubing around that and elect taped again, then rolled the OEM boot on again. Next i need to put a rubber washer on the trunk lid deck lip. When fixing this, it is easier if you roll the rubber boot down.

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
i have always had some weird electrical gremlins. ... check your wiring loom in the trunk where it exits out the hole. Looks like when the trunk lid is pushed to the fully open position (beyond 90 degrees), the wire loom gets cut on a deck lip because BMW made the wire loom too short. I fixed my broken wire with a connector (that was the trunk lights) wrapped each wire in elec tape, then put rubber bike tubing around that and elect taped again, then rolled the OEM boot on again. Next i need to put a rubber washer on the trunk lid deck lip. When fixing this, it is easier if you roll the rubber boot down.
Great ideas for a DIY!

I'll add your suggestions to this thread opened today!

Thanks.
Bluebee

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.