BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 318i Conv.-------First off, the car dies on me, I go to pop the trunk to check the battery and the trunk will not open!! I tried to open the trunk by using the key to unlock the central lock system and when I turn it to the left, I get this weird sound that comes from the trunk. Its like the motor won't allow it to unlatch the lock. I tried to unlock the CLS from the other doors and nothing I do can open the trunk! :dunno: Keep in mind that there is no trunk release from the inside of the vehicle. I tried going through the back seat but when I popped it out, there's no way back. If there's any other answers out there, I'm game to hear them. Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Take out the back seat and there should be a plate tack welded right in the middle of the frame.... Punch that out and there you go..... your inside the trunk......Its not very a big hole but you should be able to use it to your benifit....

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
95 318i Conv.-------First off, the car dies on me, I go to pop the trunk to check the battery and the trunk will not open!! I tried to open the trunk by using the key to unlock the central lock system and when I turn it to the left, I get this weird sound that comes from the trunk. Its like the motor won't allow it to unlatch the lock. I tried to unlock the CLS from the other doors and nothing I do can open the trunk! :dunno: Keep in mind that there is no trunk release from the inside of the vehicle. I tried going through the back seat but when I popped it out, there's no way back. If there's any other answers out there, I'm game to hear them. Thanks!
Try unlocking the glovebox. You may have an actuator there that overrides unlocking the trunklid. If not, make sure that the lid for the convertible storage compartment is latched and secured especially on the right side. There is a microswitch there (right side conv. top storage latch) that sends the lock/closed signal to CLS (as you described) so that you may open the trunklid without hitting the convertible top lid that could damage both. The engineers were at a bar telling blonde jokes during development (e-36).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.