BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody notice that there is actually a lock swich for the trunk (or boot as we say in Australia) inside the glovebox of the E90 325i?
Is it me, or there is no information about this in the manual?
I discover this switch by chance, then looked in the manual and it is not there! Maybe is the Aussie manual.
Anyone with similar comments?
Cheers
Guscanguro
Present: 325i E90 (05')
Past: 323i E46 (99') - 318i E36 (93')
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
Guscanguro said:
Did anybody notice that there is actually a lock swich for the trunk (or boot as we say in Australia) inside the glovebox of the E90 325i?
Is it me, or there is no information about this in the manual?
I discover this switch by chance, then looked in the manual and it is not there! Maybe is the Aussie manual.
Anyone with similar comments?
Cheers
Guscanguro
Present: 325i E90 (05')
Past: 323i E46 (99') - 318i E36 (93')
It's so you can valet your car. Or I guess I should say, so you can lock out the valet from your trunk. It talks about it on page 33 in the US manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Davisjl said:
It's so you can valet your car. Or I guess I should say, so you can lock out the valet from your trunk. It talks about it on page 33 in the US manual.
The valet concept wasn't clear to me until I read the manual. To lock the valet out of the trunk and glove compartment you put the trunk switch in the glove compartment to the lock position, then use the key in your fob to lock the glove compartment. Then you remove the key from your fob, and only give the valet the fob, keeping the key with you. That allows the valet to drive the car, but they can't get into the glove compartment or the trunk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
did you know you have a rechargable flashlight too? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Davisjl said:
It's so you can valet your car. Or I guess I should say, so you can lock out the valet from your trunk. It talks about it on page 33 in the US manual.
Thank you for your advice on page 33. The Aussie manual has no such detail. I checked this forum's E90 US Manual and I saw the page you were talking about. It is not in the Aussie manual.
Thanks again anyway.
 

·
Registered Abuser
Joined
·
547 Posts
That key is going away in 2007 models. Or at least the free version of it. All 2007 3 Series will come with only 2 full function keys (fobs) and the wallet key will become an accessory at additional cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
SignHere said:
That key is going away in 2007 models. Or at least the free version of it. All 2007 3 Series will come with only 2 full function keys (fobs) and the wallet key will become an accessory at additional cost.
boondoggler was not talking about the wallet key. He's talking about the key inside the FOB. The wallet key is a limited use key incase you lose your FOB. You can use the Wallet key to open the door and open the glovebox, insert it into the Emergency FOB in the glove box and drive the car.

The key he was refering to is the metal key inside the FOB, which you would remove and lock the glove box with. Handing the FOB to the Valet without the Metal key inserted in it, the Valet could drive the car, but without the metal key he could not unlock the glovebox ... and if the trunk lock switch is locked then he couldn't unlock the trunk.

The Wallet key will, I guess, become useless in the 2007 MY car as I've was under the impression that you could unlock your car via BMW Assist, kinda like OnStar and I think you get 4 years of BMW Assist with the 2007 car? Correct me if I'm wrong.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top