BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my car is unlocked and I close the trunk lid it locks the trunk automatically. I need to hit unlock on the key fob or in the car. Can I prevent the trunk from locking automatically? Thanks.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If my car is unlocked and I close the trunk lid it locks the trunk automatically. I need to hit unlock on the key fob or in the car. Can I prevent the trunk from locking automatically? Thanks.
I don't know, but I thought I'd mention to you that my BMW mechanic told me that, because of the motors which latch the trunk closed, you should press the trunk closed, and don't slam it like a normal trunk.

Also, if you have Comfort Access (keyless entry), you may be able to open your trunk by kicking beneath the center of the rear bumper. I haven't tried this myself yet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have CA but no foot under the bumper access. But with key fob in pocket, it will open just fine with the button release on the trunk.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,080 Posts
Is just the driver door unlocked, or both doors. If just the driver door, then the trunk is still locked. At least that's the way it is on my F30.

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
Wait wait wait wait. Since when is a trunk not locked when it's closed?

BMW owners often stash stacks o'mad money and expensive fine art in the trunk, out of view. We don't want just anyone to open it. It's not a defect, it's a feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts