BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My 2013 ActiveHybrid 3 F30 was bought only about 4 months ago so I'm still finding things. I was going through the trunk yesterday there is a small storage compartment on the left (I have a RHD car.) I've been trying to figure out how to open it and yesterday I finally figured out that the latch was broken so wouldn't open so I just ripped it open. What's weird is I can't find the part number for this, it doesn't seem to be listed in any diagrams and it's not in the owners manual.

I can find the Rear Trunk Storage Tray Flat Trim Cover Panel on eBay and other sites but I can't find the hatch for the small closed storage compartment below.

1) Does anyone know where I can get a part number for this? It's not the big a deal but it's broken and I want to keep things as nice as I can. The part I'm looking for is laying flat in the pictures. It has deep hinges on it.

2) I noticed about this flat trim cover there is a cigarette lighter power source. That's handy especially since I just bought one of those emergency air pumps.

3) In this lower compartment there is a USB cable, not a port. What is that for? 馃し馃徏

I assume my trunk configuration is not the same as a normal F30 since I have a big battery under here.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Font Grey Road surface Asphalt Gas

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Registered
BMW parts are formatted as xx xx x xxx xxx, sometimes with dashes between the numbers. The part # is usually found on the part, partially or entirely. If you see x xxx xxx, try Googling "bmw x xxx xxx & you may find it. I can't make it out on my monitor.
You might try inputting a different model (even change to LHD) or manufacture date to see if that part & # show up on the diagram. Could also check with the other forum - General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum - BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I found the part with help from several FB forums. And you're right, the number was stamped on the part so that was easy. :) Also I found the USB cord is used for audio systems, sometimes they put amps or other componants there. Thank you very much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts