BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has any gripes about the trunk space and or shape in their e92. How many sets of golf clubs can you fit in the trunk?

My RSX I used to fit 3 golf bags no problem without putting the seats down. My GTI now has the smallest trunk on the face of the planet. I can't fit my golf clubs in my GTI unless I put one of the seats down. It kind of defeats the purpose of hiding the fact you've got some nice clubs waiting to be robbed.

Not that trunk space is going to be a deal breaker with me but it would be nice to have usable space again.

Thanks,
Dave

·
*Da Butter Pecan Papi*
2,261 Posts
I think the trunk on the e92 is bigger than the e90... and the e90 is pretty big.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info... just curious about my clubs actually being able to fit in the trunk though. It's been a problem lately...

·
Registered
65 Posts
golf clubs

I have been able to get my carry bag into the trunk and am sure that I could get another bag in there. It is absolutely no problem if I fold the seats. The funny thing is my carry bag fits crossways, but only if I remove the driver and get it in first.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been able to get my carry bag into the trunk and am sure that I could get another bag in there. It is absolutely no problem if I fold the seats. The funny thing is my carry bag fits crossways, but only if I remove the driver and get it in first.
Sounds tight. My driver is actually cut 3/4" so hopefully it'll fit.

You think the dealer is gunna think I'm crazy when I pull out my golf clubs to see what life will be like for 3 years of golf?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Just curious if anyone has any gripes about the trunk space and or shape in their e92. How many sets of golf clubs can you fit in the trunk?

My RSX I used to fit 3 golf bags no problem without putting the seats down. My GTI now has the smallest trunk on the face of the planet. I can't fit my golf clubs in my GTI unless I put one of the seats down. It kind of defeats the purpose of hiding the fact you've got some nice clubs waiting to be robbed.

Not that trunk space is going to be a deal breaker with me but it would be nice to have usable space again.

Thanks,
Dave
I easily fit two golf bags in the trunk of my E92. One is a very large staff bag and the other is a pretty big cart bag. I haven't had a need to try and fit three bags yet.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everybody! I searched "3 coupe trunk" you know as keywords and I wasn't all that successful in any variation.

It does look like there is a whole lot more space in the trunk of the coupe than my hatch. :thumbup:

·
Ultimative fahrmaschine
1,319 Posts

You think the dealer is gunna think I'm crazy when I pull out my golf clubs to see what life will be like for 3 years of golf?
I did exactly that when I shopped for my E93. (Now THAT is a tight fit. ) CA was very accommodating. Said quite a few others had done the exact same club check. For me it was important and was a potential deal breaker if they didn't fit. By all means, check it out. You have to be happy.

·
2009 335i M sport
241 Posts
I can slide my 22.5 inch frame Trek roadbike into the back of mine, when I fold the back seats and quick release the front wheel.

·
Audi-Bimmer Fan
1,104 Posts
I can fit 2 golf bags easily in the back, but if you're talking about large tour bags, then that's a different story.

·
Registered
466 Posts

Not at all! you should actually do this.

I have brought car seats to dealers to try them out on several vehicles. They were pretty cool with it. Shows that you are serious about making a purchase.

Good luck. If it does not fit, try an e91 ;).

·
Sup3rman
1,213 Posts
You should be fine for 1 set, but for 3, you'll need to put the seats down. I was one of the "overpackers" on my ED trip (but in all fairness, I did get engaged)

We had a full set of luggage, with an additional backpack and duffel bag, and it all fit, although the seats were down. (it was another story getting it back, as US airways had different restrictions on the way back than on our way there)

Any accomodating CA won't have a bit of problem with a fitment. If you need exact dimensions, I can measure tonight.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well this thread makes me happy to hear I can leave my clubs in the car without worrying about em. My brother and I both have fairly small stand bags. Once again, thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

·
No HPFP problems yet!
466 Posts
Truck space kinda sucks. I can only seem to get one golf bag in mine. Trunk isn't wide enough.

·
Ultimate Driving Machine
2,208 Posts
Don't forget E92's come standard with fold down seats... my mt. bike fits in perfectly! Shouldn't be a problem with golf clubs either.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
:rofl: This thread cracks me up.

Such contrast to the other threads about people complaining about how big the 3 series has gotten. :rofl:

I guess we know why now. :eeps:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Truck space kinda sucks. I can only seem to get one golf bag in mine. Trunk isn't wide enough.
Try putting the head end of the bag in first. Then load the bottom of the bag.

I've been putting the bottom end in first for the last 30 years. In the E92, I found that putting the head end in first is the only way to get the bag in without removing the driver first. My bag is a very large Titleist Staff mini-staff bag.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts