BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member.

Can anyone identify what tool is missing from my tool box in the photo of the upper tight hand tool box slot? See attached photos of tool box and part number. After researching, looks like there are different models of tool boxes for the various years of the E-46's.

I have a 2003 E-46, 330ci.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Looks like you have them all. Most USA BMW's didn't come with the folded triangles. Someone must have bought them & put in your tool box.

·
RIP #9
1,496 Posts
I don't think anything is supposed to go there -- I think it's simply a relief in the molded tool box, to allow removal of the original warning triangle (which does not have a separate case and instead snaps into the tool box). See attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Interesting how those can be different according need, everything is thought out. My first e46 had few tools missing, which I bought. Not like It ever needed them, but wanted tool box to be perfect.

Cars with M43 - 4-cylinder engine actually have tools for changing spark plugs, in other later versions they don't expect anyone to change spark plugs on the road anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts